Through its local chapters, IAFI seeks to bring the Ice Age Floods story home to local communities, especially in areas directly affected by the floods. While one need not belong to a local chapter to be a member of IAFI, a chapter offers an excellent way for members to get involved in IAFI projects and activities, and to build partnerships in their communities.
When you join IAFI, you can also join a local chapter. You may affiliate with any chapter you wish, regardless of where you live. Click here or the Join IAFI menu item for more information about joining IAFI. Click on the map markers or the links below for more information about an individual chapter.
Ice Age Floods Institute – Local Chapters
- Cheney-Spokane Chapter – serving the greater Cheney and Spokane, Washington area.
- Coeur Du Deluge Chapter – serving the greater Sandpoint, Idaho area.
- Columbia River Gorge Chapter – serving the Columbia Gorge area of central and eastern Oregon and Washington, including Hood River, OR, The Dalles, OR, White Salmon, WA, and Stevenson, WA.
- Ellensburg Chapter – serving the greater Ellensburg, Washington area.
- Glacial Lake Missoula Chapter – serving the greater Missoula, Montana area
- Lake Lewis Chapter – serving the greater Tri-Cities, Washington area.
- Lower Grand Coulee Chapter – serving the greater Soap Lake and Ephrata, Washington area.
- Lower Columbia Chapter – serving the Willamette Valley and lower Columbia River.
- Palouse Falls Chapter – serving western Whitman Co., northern Franklin Co., and all of Adams Co., Washington.
- Puget Lobe Chapter – serving the greater Puget Sound region.
- Wenatchee Valley Erratics Chapter – serving the greater Wenatchee, Washington area.