An important role of the Institute is to help people identify and sift through the substantial amount of material available about the Ice Age Floods and related topics. Below are links to troves of information available through IAFI.
- Columbia Gorge Geology and the Ice Age Floods -
DeKay, L. and T. Hurd, 2015; An overview of the geology in the Columbia River Gorge, including information about the Ice Age Floods.
- Columbia Gorge Geology Field Trip Guide - DeKay, L. and T. Hurd, 2015; A guide book to accompany IAFI-Columbia Gorge Chapter semi-annual field trips through the Columbia River Gorge. The central Columbia River Gorge is like a storybook of the past 40-50 million years, and we open and read from several chapters of that book in a 10 hour bus/walking tour of a 40 mile section of the Gorge between Cascade Locks, OR to Columbia Hills State Park, WA. As we turn some of those pages and take a glimpse into the incredible geology and more of the Columbia River Gorge, we will reveal many secrets that are hidden right in plain sight.
- IAFI Brochure - The IAFI brochure is our introduction to the Floods and the Institute; formatted for a 3-part fold of double-sided printing. (PDF: 1.6 MB)
- IAFI Bylaws (2007) - Bylaws of the Ice Age Floods Institute
- IAFI Field Guide List -
Includes most guidebooks of IAFI field trips (PDF; 21kB)
- IAFI Floods Features Map - A map and information about Ice Age Floods features and geocaches at Ice Age Floods sites.
- IAFI Scientific Advisory Panel - Contact the IAFI President To be referred to a member or members of an expert panel available to assist authors; reporters; teachers; interpretive designers; and others by answering technical questions or by commenting on technical information in manuscripts or drafts of presentations.
- IAFI Store -
Books; DVDs; other media and logo items you can order from IAFI
- Ice Age Floods Archives @ EWU - Eastern Washington University's JFK Memorial Library hosts the official archives of Ice Age Floods literature; including science and history of science articles and other materials. For more information; please contact: Charles Mutschler University Archivist JFK Memorial Library 816 F Street Cheney; WA 99004-2453 firstname.lastname@example.org (509) 359-2254
- Ice Age Floods National Geologic Trail -
For information visit our Ice Age Floods National Geologic Trail Page
- Technical References -
Technical resources arranged alphabetically by author
- Technical Terms Glossary -
IAFI Glossary of Technical Terms
- Tri-Cities; WA; Car Tour Map - A map for visiting and learning about Ice Age Floods features near Richland; WA. Link is to web page hosted by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL); where you can view an interactive Google Maps version and download a PDF version of the map (11 MB). To obtain a paper copy of the map; please contact the Tri-Cities Visitor and Convention Bureau; Mailing Address: PO Box 2241; Kennewick; WA 99302; Street Address: 6951 W. Grandridge Blvd.; Kennewick; Phone Number: 509.735.8486 / 800.254.5824; Fax Number: 509.783.9005.