A growing list of bulletins, pamphlets, and periodical publications, often available from government sources
- Aftermath of the Ice Age floods: A bird’s-eye view - Bjornstad, B.N., 2003, "Aftermath of the Ice Age floods: A bird’s-eye view," PNWD-SA-6210, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland Washington
- Cataclysm; Light and Passion: How Washington came to produce some of the Worlds greatest wines - Steury; T.; 2001; Washington State Magazine; Washington State University; Pullman; Washington; November 2001.
- Erratics: Geologists study boulders for clues to ancient floods; icebergs in Eastern Washington -
Raker; B.; 2004; Northwest Science and Technology; Spring 2004; p. 24-28; http://agg.pnl.gov/projects/nwst.pdf.
- Flood Basalts and Glacier Floods-Roadside Geology of Parts of Walla Walla, Franklin, and Columbia Counties, Washington - Carson, Robert J., and Kevin R. Pogue, 1996, "Flood Basalts and Glacier Floods--Roadside Geology of Parts of Walla Walla, Franklin, and Columbia Counties, Washington," Division of Geology and Earth Resources Information Circular 90, Washington Dept. of Natural Resources, Olympia, Wash.
- Forces of Nature: How the last Ice Age shapted the Northwest wine industry - Perdue; A.; 2005; Wine Press Northwest; Fall 2005; p. 32-39.
- Formative Years; How Torrential Ice Age Floods Shaped the Northwest - Lewis; Peter B.; 2001; Horizon Air; v. 12; no. 11; p.36-45.
- Geocaching and the Ice Age Floods - Bjornstad; B.N.; 2005; Geological Society of America meeting; www.iafi.org/pdf/Bjornstad_GSA05.pdf.
- In the Days When the Rivers Ran Backwards - Cox, L.M., 1994, In the Days When the Rivers Ran Backwards, NorBon's Copy Cabin, Lewiston, Idaho.
- Missoulas Monster Floods - Ostertag; Rhonda and George; 2003; California Wild; v. 56; no. 4 (Fall) p. 18-21.
- Sedimental Journey; Following the Path of Glacial Lake Missoulas Flood Waters - Stephens; Patia; 2001; Montanan; v. 19; no. 2 (Winter); p. 20-26.
- The Channeled Scablands of Eastern Washington: The Geologic Story of the Spokane Flood - 1989; Weis; P.L.; and W.L. Newman; Eastern Washington University Press; Cheney; Wash.; second edition. This 25 page booklet gives a fantastic brief overview of the Ice Age Floods story. Available through IAFI Bookstore.
- The Evolving Landscape of the Columbia River Gorge: Lewis and Clark and Cataclysms on the Columbia -
Oregon Historical Quarterly; v. 105; no.3; www.historycooperative.org/journals/ohq/105.3/oconnor.html.
- The Floods that Carved the West
- The Giant Lake Sacajawea Flood Bar Along the Snake River; Washington - Bjornstad; B.N.; 2002; available on the web in October 2006 at www.iafi.org/pdf/lsb2.pdf.
- The Great Columbia flood - Mullen; T.; 2005; Columbia; Spring 2005; p. 40-44.
- The Great Scablands Debate - Gould; Stephen Jay; 1978; Natural History; v. 87; no. 7; p.12-18.
- Washington’s Channeled Scabland - Bretz, J Harlen, 1959, "Washington’s Channeled Scabland," Bulletin No. 45, Washington Division of Mines and Geology, Olympia, Wash.